- Resembling the body-moving pulse of LCD Soundsystem and the stadium-scraping soar of classic-era Oasis, sometimes all at once, “Last Chance” is the perfect introduction to NYC-based, multi-instrumentalist Casper Caan’s musical worldview. Released in the summer of 2021, the self-produced debut “Last Chance” feels like a rousing journey bursting forth with a boisterous backbeat, a distorted upright piano medley, bright guitars and Caan’s passionate vocals, and then moving into a full-on dance breakdown using inspiration drawn from the late French producer Phillipe Zdar. In October 2021, “Last Chance” was featured on Electronic Arts’ FIFA 22 Soundtrack with a prominent placement in EA’s massive FIFA 22 game, significantly boosting the song’s visibility. To date, with millions of streams generated, the song has been added to over 30,000 playlists on Spotify, Shazamed over 35,000 times and remixed by the legendary Hot Chip. In 2022, Casper Caan will be releasing his first full length album and several singles, including the upcoming “Rat Race” in April and a collaboration with Chromeo in the summer.
SINGLE RELEASE: 05/21/2021
STREAMING & COMMERCE
- "Last Chance” was added to Spotify's “All New Indie”, “Today’s Indie Rock” "Now Loading", "EA FIFA22" and “Noteable Releases” playlists, and was added to Apple Music's "New In Alternative" and Amazon Music's "Indie Dance Now" playlists. Hot Chip’s remix of “Last Chance” was added to “Metropolis” and “Friday Cratediggers” playlists.
RADIO SHIP DATE:
RADIO IMPACT DATE:
- “A surging piece of alt-pop” -- Clash
- “Rising artist Casper Caan invites us into his genre-blurring fantasy with distorted piano melodies accompanied by crooning heartfelt vocals, soothing echoes, bright synths and boisterous production” -- Wonderland Magazine
- “On-the-rise electronic artists like Casper Caan bring a slew of memories from a time before Imagine Dragons and ‘Pumped Up Kicks’ carried electronic-infused rock into the mainstream” -- FLOOD
- “Casper Caan’s debut single ‘Last Chance’ is a masterful blend of Indietronic Pop” -- Aupium
- “FIFA 22 showcases music from some of the world’s hottest newcomers such as NYC vocalist Casper Caan” -- EA Sports
- “Something about the melody and Casper’s voice reminded us of New Order” -- Hot Chip